John Hancock Vitality
When your customers participate in John Hancock Vitality, they earn points for their everyday healthy choices. It's easy as taking a walk, buying fresh produce and keeping up with routine checkups. The more points your customers earn, the greater their rewards.
When your clients choose Vitality PLUS, they can:
Save up to 25% on their premiums for healthy choices1
Get a complimentary Fitbit device or an Apple Watch2 for as little as $25 plus tax, earned by exercising regularly
Earn savings and rewards that really add up from brands they know like Amazon, Expedia® and REI3
Vitality GO and PLUS are available on all John Hancock life insurance products, including universal life, indexed universal life and term policies. See the rewards with Vitality Go and PLUS
Real customers, real results
Our latest data shows that clients like yours are getting significant, long-term value from John Hancock Vitality.
are realizing financial benefits for their everyday healthy activities4
of members who engaged in Vitality their first year stayed engaged year after year5
report similar or better overall health year over year6
Key reasons to sell Vitality
Support at every step
We have a vested interest in you and your clients' success. Once a policy is signed, we'll help your customer set up their Vitality account so they can start earning rewards and you can focus on your next sale.
Your trusted partner
John Hancock's experience and A+ financial rating from AM Best means you can have confidence in a time-tested partner. We put you and your clients at the center of everything we do.7
A synergy for growth
We're always evolving with the latest in science and research by growing our network to include partners who offer the technology and information that can help your clients live longer, healthier lives.
See how John Hancock Vitality is changing the conversation
How it works
Earn Vitality Points
Your clients can earn Vitality Points for the everyday things they do to stay healthy, like exercising, eating well, and getting annual checkups.
Achieve a Vitality Status
The more Vitality Points they accumulate, the higher their Vitality Status (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum).
The higher their Vitality Status, the greater their potential for savings, discounts and other rewards.
How points are earned
Your clients earn Vitality Points for the everyday things they do to stay healthy — the more points they earn, the higher their Vitality Status (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum) and the greater their rewards.
-Blood pressure check
-Annual Vitality health review
-Go to the gym for 30 minutes
-Walk the dog
-Run a 5K
-Power walk the mall
-Bike in a charity ride
-Buy healthy foods like apples, bananas, carrots and more
-Set a healthy food goal
-Watch a Tufts nutrition webinar
-Take a nutrition course
-Watch a nutrition webinar
-Complete the health assessment calculator
-Watch the HealthyMind introductory video
When your customers earn 500 Vitality Points from Standard and Advanced Workouts each month, they pay nothing for their Apple Watch.
Get the details in our FAQ
Earned 500 points.
Way to go! No payment this month.
Earned 360 points.
Nice work! Look at those savings.
Earned 240 points.
You're doing great! Your activity is saving you money.
Earned 0 points.
There's always next month. Try setting a goal to increase your activity and reduce your payment.
Up to 25% in premium savings with Vitality PLUS1
Adding Vitality PLUS to a policy gives your clients access to our standard package of Vitality benefits and unlocks additional, exclusive rewards — all for as little as $2/month and $4/month for survivorship policies.9
for as little as $25 plus tax by exercising regularly2
Additional rewards with Vitality Plus
Exclusive discounts at 1.8M properties and 1M vacation rentals worldwide.3
Free subscription to Headspace® , a leading meditation app
A one-year Amazon Prime membership when your client reaches Platinum status three years in a row3
Up to $50 a month in savings on fresh fruits and vegetables, with additional savings up to $120 a month on weekly promoted items8
Discounts on other wearable devices and healthy gear3
Shopping and entertainment rewards3
Access to the Galleri® multi-cancer early detection test10
Tips, resources and rewards for living well every day
Vitality GO is included with all our life insurance products at no cost and provides access to a standard package of benefits such as retail discounts, savings at the grocery store and tips for healthy living.
Discounts from top brands on wearable devices and other healthy gear3
Up to $50 a month in savings, with additional savings of up to $120 a month on weekly promoted items8
Tufts Health & Nutrition Letter and LiveMore magazine
Expert nutrition and fitness resources
Easy-to-use app and website with health-related resources
Looking for more?
1. Premium savings are in comparison to the same John Hancock life insurance policy without Vitality PLUS. The level of premium savings are cumulative over the life of the policy and will vary based upon underwriting status, issue age, policy type, the terms of the policy and the Vitality Status achieved. Premiums savings are only available with Vitality PLUS.
2. Apple Watch program is not available in New York or Puerto Rico. Apple Watches ordered through John Hancock Vitality may not be shipped to addresses in Guam. Once your clients become a Vitality PLUS member and complete the Vitality Health Review (VHR), they can order Apple Watch by electronically signing, at checkout, a Retail Installment Agreement with the Vitality Group, for the retail price of the watch. After an initial payment of $25 plus tax, over the next two years, monthly out-of-pocket payments are based on the number of Standard Workouts (10,000 to 14,999 steps) and Advanced Workouts (15,000 steps) completed or the applicable Active Calorie or heart rate thresholds. The step counts required for Standard and Advanced Workouts are reduced for members beginning at age 71+. One-time upgrade fees plus taxes apply if your customers choose (GPS + Cellular) versions of Apple Watch, larger watch case sizes, and certain bands and case materials. For more information, please visit www.jhsaleshub.com. Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion. Apple Watch is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
3. Travel discounts are not available in New York. Travel discounts valid for 3 bookings per program year. For term with Vitality policies with a face amount less than $2,000,000, travel discounts valid for 1 booking per program year. The amount of discount will vary based upon policy type, coverage amount, and the Vitality Member’s Vitality status (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum) and will only apply to the first $1000 of the booking cost. In New York, entertainment, shopping, and travel rewards are not available and are replaced by healthy living and active lifestyle rewards. Amazon.com discounts are not available in New York. REI is not affiliated with the John Hancock Vitality Program. REI does not sponsor, endorse or have any responsibility for this promotion. Amazon Prime benefit is not available in New York. Amazon Prime membership available to Vitality PLUS members who have reached Platinum Status for three consecutive program years. The HealthyMind benefit is not available in New York.
4. Year 1 status attainment of Silver, Gold, or Platinum for active and registered Vitality PLUS members as of year-end 2022. (Perm Plus, Term Plus, excludes DTC)
5. Based on completed policy years for REGISTERED AND ACTIVE VPLUS members who achieved at least gold in their first year and achieved at least Silver in all years. (policies issued 2015-2017)
6. VHR data. Based on Vitality Health Review self-reported data from registered John Hancock Vitality PLUS members with responses in both 2021 and 2022.
7. Second highest of 13 ratings (superior ability to meet ongoing insurance obligations). Financial strength rating is current as of December 31, 2022, is subject to change, and applies to John Hancock Life Insurance Company (U.S.A.) and John Hancock Life Insurance Company of New York as a measure of each company's financial ability to pay claims and to honor any guarantees provided by the contract and any applicable optional riders. These companies have also received additional financial strength ratings from other rating agencies. Financial strength ratings are not an assessment, recommendation, or guarantee of specific products and their investment returns or value, do not apply to individual securities held in any portfolio or the practices of an insurance company, and do not apply to the safety and performance of separate accounts.
8. HealthyFood savings are based on qualifying purchases and may vary based on the terms of the John Hancock Vitality Program. The HealthyFood program is currently not available in Guam.
9. For John Hancock Protection Term with the optional Vitality rider, the cost for Vitality PLUS is 3% of the annual premium.
10. The Galleri test is only available to registered John Hancock Vitality PLUS members who are 50 years of age or older and have completed the Vitality Health Review (VHR) for the current program year. For eligible polices with coverage amounts of $500,000 or greater, 100% of the cost of the test will be subsidized. For policies with less than $500,000 in coverage, 50% of the cost of the test will be subsidized. Please note: for members with multiple policies, the policy with the highest face amount will determine the subsidy amount of the Galleri offer. The offer of discounted access to the Galleri test is subject to change. Access to the Galleri test through the John Hancock Vitality Program is not available in all states. The Galleri test is manufactured and distributed by GRAIL,LLC. John Hancock does not provide medical advice, is not involved in the design or manufacture of the Galleri test and is not responsible for the accuracy or performance of the Galleri test.
Vitality is the provider of the John Hancock Vitality Program in connection with policies issued by John Hancock.
Vitality GO is not available with policies issued in New York & Puerto Rico. Aspire is not available in New York, Idaho and Puerto Rico.
The HealthyMind (Headspace) benefit is not available in New York.
Products or services offered under the Vitality Program are not insurance and are subject to change. There may be additional costs associated with these products or services and there are additional requirements associated with participation in the program. For more information, please contact the company at JohnHancock.com or via telephone at 888-333-2659.
Rewards and discounts are subject to change and are not guaranteed to remain the same for the life of the policy. John Hancock Vitality Program rewards and discounts are only available to the person insured under the eligible life insurance policy. Rewards may vary based on the type of insurance policy purchased for the insured Vitality Program Member.
To be eligible to earn rewards and discounts by participating in the Vitality program, the insured must register for Vitality and in most instances also complete the Vitality Healthy Review (VHR).
The merchants represented are not sponsors of the John Hancock Vitality program or otherwise affiliated with John Hancock or Vitality. The logos and other identifying marks attached are trademarks of and owned by each represented company and/or its affiliates.
This material is for Agent and Institutional / Broker – Dealer use only. Not for distribution or use with the public.
Insurance products are issued by: John Hancock Life Insurance Company (U.S.A.), Boston, MA 02116 (not licensed in New York) and John Hancock Life Insurance Company of New York, Valhalla, NY 10595. Variable insurance products are offered through John Hancock Distributors LLC through other broker/dealers that have a selling agreement with John Hancock Distributors LLC, 197 Clarendon Street, Boston, MA 02116.
Insurance policies and/or associated riders and features may not be available in all states.
© John Hancock Life Insurance Company (U.S.A.). All rights reserved.
|*.exe||Executable file (program)|
|*.mps||Windows Sharing File allows you to map a Windows network drive to your VPS home directory across the Internet|
|*.vbs||Script file (Microsoft Visual Basic)|
|*.avi||Microsoft Audio Video Interleaved file for Windows movie|
|*.mpg||MPEG Animation (movie file)|
|*.mpeg||MPEG Animation (movie file)|
|*.com||Command file (program)|
|*.cmd||Command file for Windows NT (similar to a DOS .BAT file), OS/2|
|*.scr||Screen saver file / Screen Snapshot file / Fax image (Generic) / Debug Source Code (DOS Debug)|
|*.asf||Microsoft Avanced Streaming Format (movie / music file)|
|*.mp3||MPEG Audio Layer 3 (AC3) - compressed audio file|
|*.eml||(Outlook Express Mail Message) file type|
|*.pif||Program Information File / Compressed archive (Macintosh)|
|*.shs||Shell scrap file; reportedly used to send "password stealers"|
|*.swf||Object (ShockWave Flash)|